– Command™ Designer Medium Hooks Brushed Nickel - this project uses 5
– Sewing machine
– Tape measure
– Sharp scissors
If more than one hook is used to hold an item, make sure that the weight is evenly distributed between the hooks. Hooks need to be level when holding rods. When more than one hook is used to hold an item, the total weight capacity remains the same as one hook.
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Measure the window you want to cover. Cut length of fabric 1 1/2 times the width of the window. Then, Cut fabric to be 25 inches high.
2. Fold over 1 inch of fabric on the right side, left side and bottom of fabric. (can be sewn freehand or pinned). Sew to finish each side. Then, fold over 3 inches of fabric on the top side of the fabric and sew, about 2 inches from top.
3. Make 2 horizontal cuts, each about 1 inch long, 1/2 inch apart, cutting only through the back flap of the folded over fabric on the top edge of the valance. This will be used to hang the valance. Measure and cut 5 of these tabs along the top folded edge of the valance, 1 inch from the top.
4. Determine how many hooks you need. Hooks shown here are placed 17” apart. Adhere Command™ Designer Medium Hooks to wall. Measure so the hooks are evenly placed along the window, about 3 inches above the window frame.
5. Use the tabs to hang the valance on the hooks.